I’m feeling helpful. Who needs help?
With all of the words we say we’ve stopped using some particularly wonderful ones
No one ship is exactly the same. Each couple tends to come with their own quirks, their own traditions, their own struggles.
I’ve recently dug up an interesting article that categorizes relationships into 10 different kinds.
- Survival relationships
- Validation relationships
- Scripted relationships
- Acceptance relationships
- Individuation-Assertion relationships
- Healing relationships
- Experimental relationships
- Transitional relationships
- Avoidance relationships
- Pastime relationships
If you’re interested in using these to help you roleplay a relationship that seems in at least some way, realistic, continue reading.
- This is made up of people who don’t feel as if they can survive on their own.
- They feel as if they have to have someone be anything. In some cases it may literally be a case of survival.
- Think someone who provides shelter, food, job, money etc. It’s important to note that these two are codependent.
- The relationship is often hostile and sometimes abusive.
- Feelings of insecurity tend to run rampant!
- People in these relationships are those who seek validation of their physical attractiveness, intellect, social status, sexuality, wealth, or some other attribute.
- Teenagers and young adults who are looking for a sense of identity form relationships based on sexual validation.
- The relationship tends to be a little insecure and need constant validation.
- “Do you really love me?”
- Seems to be the most perfect of relationships and everyone around them sees it as a great relationship.
- The partners are the most perfect boyfriend or the most perfect girlfriend.
- There are often power struggles in this type of relationship.
- Sexual attraction or involvement if often lacking.
- The partners are often stuck in routines.
- A trusting, supporting and enjoyable relationship.
- A very healthy and happy relationship.
- Both individuals know what the others wants and needs are.
- Respect is a key factor in this relationship.
- Partners are supportive of others aspirations and dreams
- They both recognize their individuality.
NOTE: All types from here on tend to be transient.
- These occur after periods of loss, struggle, depression, stress or mourning.
- They’re looking for someone to “fix them”
- Couples tend to talk about the past and their losses a lot.
- Gentleness, support, and comfort characterize this relationship srather than great passion.
- These are experimental relationships.
- This is a relationship that is a cross between the kind of relationships you use to have the kind you want.
- An “almost but not quite there”
- They’re together but not close.
- They want to avoid their own deeper feelings.
- Don’t want to “get too close”
- Self-disclosure is low and mistrust is high.
- Just something recreational and for fun and games.
- Often emphasis is on fun and not deeper feelings.
- Not one likely to last.
- One night stands fall under this.
Well, it’s a good start. You have a plot that could be interesting with the right players. It’s another school roleplay, though, so the key is gong to be making it stand out over all the other school roleplays.
To get members, you need characters first. Unless you’re an OC roleplay, it’s the characters that will really get people interested in playing, if they find one they like. Have a promo blog, that always helps, and make a promo that features part (not all) of the plot and catches the reader’s attention. Lastly, you can ask rpcha’s for shoutouts (but only the ones that offer shoutouts) and reviews. Beyond that, you just have to cross your fingers and hope that what you’re selling is what others are buying.
Tip: The light orange links on the bright orange background are hard to read. You might want to change that.
Would anyone like some help? I don’t have a What I Do list yet, so you can ask for anything but I reserve the right to say no to anything as well. But I’m nice and will likely say yes.
Who would like some help?
Please do not copy, use as base, or claim it as your own.
Don’t remove the credit!
ABOUT THE THEME:
- You can change the colors as much as you want
- 100x100px Sidebar Image
- 4 Custom Links
- 158px Background Sidebar Image
- Please like and/or reblog if you use it
- If you have any problems, message me here
A Master List of Roleplay Events!
General list of creative events for any kind of roleplay, listed by season (for no reason at all~). Can be done for the whole group, or as prompts for singular members. (Added on to over time)
- 500px/400px Posts
- 80 x 80 Portrait Image
- Grayscale Images/Photo Fade
- 4 Custom Links
- Pagination/Infinite Scroll
- Optional Description Scrollbar
Please leave the credit if you use this theme! Thanks, and feel free to ask any questions.
It can be edited through Appearance Tab
- No removing of credits
- Don’t use as basecodes
Message me if you’re using this theme, pleasee! Heeekheek.